To celebrate the 40th anniversary of the ordination of Women in the ELCA, the Women In Seminary Education (W.I.S.E.) Scholarship fund has been established to help in the financial support of women from our NE MN Synod who are enrolled in an ELCA seminary pursuing ordained ministry.
- This scholarship fund was initiated with funds from our Synod Women’s Organization (SWO). It will grow through gifts from individuals, units, and our SWO.
- Plan to initiate a “back-to-school/fill-a-back pack” event in your unit and in your conference each September to help fund our scholarships on an ongoing basis
- Make checks payable to Women of the ELCA.
- Note “WISE Fund” in the memo line of your check.
- Send your check to our SWO Treasurer, Bonnie Stevens, at 7610 Ski Chalet Dr, Breezy Point MN 56472
Gifts are distributed annually to women from our NE MN Synod who are in seminary education (as reported by the NE MN Synod office.) The amount of the annual gifts is determined by the SWO Board, based on funds available.
Help us honor those women who paved the way some 40+ years ago when the ELCA recognized the ordination of women. Help us support those women who are following in their footsteps and are currently enrolled in ELCA seminaries: Sue Johnson and Tricia Mattson at Luther Seminary, and Liz Cheney, Emily Shipman and Kim Sturtz at Wartburg Seminary.
Continue to support these dedicated NE MN Synodical women with your prayers and your contributions. Thank you!