The Women in Seminary Education (W.I.S.E.) Scholarship was established in 2010 by the Women of the Northeastern Minnesota Synod (ELCA) to celebrate the anniversary of the ordination of Lutheran women in the United States.
The Women In Seminary Education (W.I.S.E.) Scholarships are awarded annually to women from the NE MN Synod who are enrolled in an ELCA seminary and are candidates for ordained ministry (as reported by the NE MN Synod Office) The amount of the annual gift is determined by the SWO Board, based on funds available.
- This scholarship fund was initiated with funds from our Synod Women’s Organization (SWO). It will grow through gifts from individuals, units, and our SWO.
- Plan to initiate a “back-to-school/fill-a-back pack” event in your unit and in your conference each September to help fund our scholarships on an ongoing basis
- Make checks payable to Women of the ELCA.
- Note “WISE Fund” in the memo line of your check.
- Send your check to our SWO Treasurer, Bonnie Stevens, at 7610 Ski Chalet Dr, Breezy Point MN 56472
Help us honor those women who paved the way some 40+ years ago when the ELCA recognized the ordination of women by supporting these dedicated NE MN Synodical women with your prayers and your contributions.